Out of 1,100 schools, Christopher Newport is the only public university in the nation to be awarded a perfect “A” by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni, honoring our commitment to a rigorous core curriculum that requires courses in American history / government, mathematics, natural science, foreign language, composition, literature and economics. Read More
This degree is the latest addition to the program offerings in the Department of Physics, Computer Science and Engineering (PCSE). “Over the years we heard from many students and parents, as well as from companies, who wanted us to offer more engineering degrees here at CNU,” says Dr. Riedl, Department Chair. Read More
- LifeLong Learning Society Announces Spring 2015 ProgramDr. Stephen G. Jurezyk, Director of NASA Langley, will present the opening lecture of Christopher Newport University's LifeLong Learning Society (LLS) spring program. The lecture will take place in the Ferguson Center for the Arts Music & Theatre Hall on Monday, January 26, 2015, at 1:30 p.m. A new member orientation will be held at 12:15 p.m., and an all-member reception is scheduled for 12:45 p.m. in the lobby.
- Ferguson Hall Gallery Presents “Sun Kissed Pieces of My Soul”The exhibition “Sun Kissed Pieces of My Soul,” featuring the works of Hampton Roads artist Crystal Johnson Horne will be featured at the Ferguson Hall Gallery January 17-March 2, 2015.
- BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism Presents LectureThe BB&T Colloquium Series on Capitalism will present “Bootleggers and Baptists: How Economic Forces and Moral Persuasion Interact to Shape Regulatory Politics” on Monday, January 26, 2015, at 1 p.m., in Gaines Theatre. The lecture is free and open to the public. A reception with guest speaker Adam C. Smith will immediately follow.
- Alpha Chi Inducts 133 StudentsAlpha Chi, the national honor society at Christopher Newport University that represents the top 10 percent of students in all academic disciplines, inducted 133 new students into its chapter for 2014.
- The Tournées Festival: New French Films on CampusHosted by the Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures, the Tournées Festival will showcase one French film per week for six weeks. All films will be shown in Gaines Theatre. CNU students are admitted free, and there is a suggested donation of $3 for members of the general public.
- Food For Thought 2014Christopher Newport University collected 51,000 pounds of food during its 7th annual Food for Thought campaign finale Friday. The drive mobilized the campus community to collect food and money to benefit the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula.
- Ferguson Center Announces Return of On Screen/In Person Film SeriesThe Ferguson Center for the Arts has renewed On Screen/In Person, a film series designed to bring some of the best new independent American films and their respective filmmakers to communities across the mid-Atlantic region.